Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ready Early

THE FLOOD ON THE RIO TECHE, the story of the establishment of New Iberia, Louisiana by the Malaguenos (Spanish) in 1779, has been published and is now available on www.amazon.com and from Border Press, P.O. Box 3124, Sewanee, TN 37375. A fictional account of the founding of this colorful city on Bayou Teche in Louisiana was written for young adults but will appeal to all ages. Although fictional, the book contains historical information woven into the story from authors such as Gilbert Din, Charles Gayarre, Glenn Conrad, Barry Ancelet, and others. 98 pages with bibliography, introduction, and epilogue. The cover illustration is a beautiful rendition by my brother Paul and designed by grandson, Martin Romero, and Dr. Victoria Sullivan.

I've lived in New Iberia for over forty years and have wanted to write a book about this wonderful multicultural city on the Teche for many years. Much research and feeling inspired the story. My grandson is a Romero whose lineage is from one of the first few families to settle and stay in this area of southwestern Louisiana. I think it is one of my best young adult fiction books and am proud to present it to my readers. The book has been discovered online and is already selling!!

1 comment:

Janet Faulk said...

Congratulations Diane!! May I say again, what retirement?! Janet